Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16th, 2008

Kinnick's pediatric surgeon called today.  He reviewed the Lower GI study and doesn't see a problem with her intestines.  While this is good news, I don't believe the results.  There is clearly something wrong with her intestines.  Her intestines are ALWAYS loopy and the noise from her intestines can be heard from across the room.  It looks like she has an alien living in her stomach - it's crazy.  Not to mention, her mic-key breaks every 10 - 14 days from all of the pressure in her stomach/intestines.  The mic-key is supposed to last 4 - 6 months.  He ordered a daily laxative.  I don't like giving daily laxatives.  So, I'm not sure what to do at this point.  The culturelle has helped significantly.  Things have noticeably improved.  Hopefully with a little more growth, she can stretch her bowels out some and allow things to move a little more freely.  Other then this issue, Kinnick and Carver are doing fabulous.  I'm so pleased with being able to reduce some of their Oxygen and the fact that Kinnick is eating so well.  Carver has started taking a few more bites of his food - still not enough to reduce the tube feeds, but he is improving.  He's rolling from back to stomach a lot and trying really hard to move - he just hasn't figured out how to lift his upper body.  

Outside of the kiddos, we are preparing for a graduation party this weekend.  We're expecting about 30 people.  I haven't had many people over since the twins were born.  So, I'm hoping I'll be able to handle this without stressing out too much.  I always worry about people being around the twins.  Kinnick picks up anything she comes into contact with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Bob! Your house and yard look great to me. I hope the kids are all doing well. I can't believe Carver has enough hair for a haircut already...Conner probably won't need one until he's 3! When are you back here?
Love ya,
Stacy