Tuesday, October 16, 2007

October 16th, 2007

Quick update..

Kinnick is doing amazing after her surgery. She is already on 1/8 lt flow at 100% oxygen. She is now on less oxygen then Carver. The doctor said that it is possible that she won't even need extra oxygen in the next couple of weeks. It's so hard to believe that her breathing problems were caused by acid reflux. With results like these in 1 day, I can't wait to see how good she is doing in 2 weeks. She came off the ventilator within a few hours of surgery and with very minimal swelling. The surgeon and doctors expected her to be on the ventilator at least 3 days. I guess Kinnick had different plans. She tolerated 1/4 feeds today. They will increase her feeds by 1/4 each day until she is on full feeds. Once she is tolerating full feeds, she can go home. The doctor expects both babies to be home the first part of next week!

Carver continues to do well. He is now on medication for his acid reflux and has not been spitting up. They have increased his calories to 30 cal/oz. They are trying to get his weight up. Kinnick looks huge compared to him and is only on 22 cal/oz. Carver was seen by the ENT yesterday. The ENT will fit Carver for hearing aides once he has been dismissed from he hospital. He doesn't feel like putting him in hearing aides while he is in the hospital would be a good idea - too much noise. He still believes that Carver has profound hearing loss. We will try the hearing aides for 6 months.

Thank you for all of your prayers! As always, they have been answered. We couldn' have expected anything more. Kinnick is doing fabulous! Thanks be to GOD!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that Kinnick is doing so much better after surgery. That is wonderful. I pray every day that they both get to go home soon. I hope you always know that all of you are in my prayers! I would love to sit down with you sometime and meet face to face. I will try to send you an email.
All Our Love,
Ryan, Jodi and Olivia

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm a blogger of Jodi's and thought I would check on some of Olivia's friends. It sounds like your kids are doing great, and I'm so happy for you! They are absolutely adorable! I hope that the Lord will let you take your little treasures home with you! Continued prayers for you and your family.
Stay Strong,
Shea