Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18th, 2010


Carver is really starting to pick things up. We can now ask him if he wants to play "Itsy Bitsy Spider", tap his legs with both of our hands, and say, "Give me your hands", and he'll give us his hands to play "Itsy Bitsy Spider". He also does this to play "Pat-A-Cake". This weekend, he was having a horrible meal - wouldn't take a bite for nothing. He just ignored my husband. Finally, it dawned on my husband that his battery had died in his CI. My husband replaced the battery, and guess what? Carver ate every bite of his food in record time! He knows that "Bite" means that he's going to get a "Bite" of food. If he can't hear it, then how does he know to eat? He can't see it. It really feels like he's getting this "listening" thing. Oh, and here's a funny story... When I have him on my lap, I'll run my hands up his pant legs (exposing his legs). I say, "Oh Carver, you have such cute legs....look at these cute legs". He gets all embarrassed and puts his hand across his eyes and looks toward the floor to hide his face. It's so cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I'm SO proud of Carver and you guys for working so much for and with him! And that story about him being about embarrassed with his legs is adorable!! So, so cute!!
Neva

The Buckley Family said...

Way to go Carver!! We always know when Johnathan's hearing aid batteries have died because he'll start not responding to us and acting naughtier.

Anonymous said...

God bless you all in your journey. My prayers to continued progress and your family full of love.

Unknown said...

Carver is doing awesome I can't wait to see you guys