- Carver completed his first week of pre-school outside the home in a school room setting.
- Big brother, Hayden passed his Catholic School Kindergarten screening. So, we had lots of enrollment papers to complete.
- Kinnick had an eye exam to get a new prescription for glasses. We tried the contacts and really liked them, but they just don't stay in her eyes. I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't understand what's going on, so she rubs them out. Or, if her eyes are just so miss-shaped from all of the surgery - making it impossible for the lenses to stay on her eyes. We're going to try glasses until she is a little older. Carver is starting to really use his vision. I'm still not sure if he's using any vision in his right eye, but he is definitely trying to use his left eye. So, we will most likely look into glasses for him. I worry about putting anything else on his poor head. I'm afraid he will injure himself. Anyone else have a child with spastic quad cp, a cochlear implant, and glasses? Is your child mobile? Carver only rolls. I'm guessing that they make flexible glasses - or at least I'm hoping.
- Kinnick seen her pulmonologist. She's been sick since December. As soon as she gets well, she gets something else and is back on oxygen. She's finally oxygen free, but the doctor wanted her to take a steroid for a week, just to make sure.
- Big brother, Gregory passed his driving test. This was just for his learners permit. He's currently taking driver's ed. We've put it off as long as we could. He's 17, so it's time to get it done.
- Lastly, we're preparing for our trip back to Royal Oak, Michigan for EUA's for Kinnick and Carver. We leave first thing Monday morning. Nurse Marci will be going with us again. She always makes the trip much nicer. I'm looking forward to the trip. I love to see the people we met while Kinnick and Carver were in the NICU. I remember how horrible it was to be so far from home (16hrs) for 2 months. It was very lonely. I didn't want to leave the twins, so I refused to go home until they went home. The people I met made the stay so much better.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
April 9th, 2011
This past week has been really busy.