Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24th, 2009


I received the Disability Determinations on Kinnick and Carver. The Social Security Administration had them to me prior to 9/30/09, as promised.

While neither of them is eligible for SSI benefits, they both met the medical requirements of listing 102.02B. These requirements are considered to have been met since birth. This listing qualifies them under "Blindness". They didn't even go into any other disabilities. It only takes one to qualify under Title II and Title XVI.

So, the next step is to get Cobra to accept this "Special Determination" and allow us to extend our Cobra coverage another 11 months. This battle starts tomorrow. I can already see a possible snag that may not qualify us. There is a section that talks about when the disability started vs when Cobra coverage started. I'm going to do my best to find my way over the hill. I'll keep you posted.

I'm getting really excited about Carver's CI that is scheduled for next Wednesday.

Both Kinnick and Carver have colds. They started right after they got their flu shots. Kinnick isn't eating very well, but her O2 requirements have been minimal - just needs it while napping or sleeping.

No comments: