Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2nd, 2009


We're getting our Disability Determination! I received a call from the Social Security Administration today saying that they are going to process a Disability Determination on both kids - even though we don't qualify financially. Apparently, we're a rare case? The issue went all of the way to Baltimore. Baltimore is where the SSA headquarters is located. My case(s) will be reviewed in Baltimore vs. Topeka. They said they'll have them complete by the end of September. Normally, it takes up to 3 months to complete a Disability Determination. I credit Channel 12 for getting the Determinations. Without them, I would have given up. So, I will add a section to the bottom of my Blog giving all of my contacts in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation. I know the Determinations aren't complete, so I'll try to avoid the happy dance until I actually see the Determinations.


4 comments:

Jodi said...

Go Channel 12!!! I may have to start watching them. That's fantastic news!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I am delighted for you. I have been following your blog for quite a while and I think you are a superb Mother. I have twins almost 2 years old, no real issues, thank God, but I take great inspiration from you.

Best Wishes

MommyKate

stacy said...

thank goodness! isn't it strange that they think only poor people are disabled?

Anonymous said...

How did Channel 12 help? Were you guys on TV? I'm SO glad you got it!! Awesome!
Neva