Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17th, 2010


Sorry, I didn't mean to post such a downer of a post yesterday. I try not to let things get to me. I think that Carver having his implant removed really sunk in yesterday. Then, me and Nurse Marci went to the GNC yesterday and there was a lady there shopping. When we left, we heard a baby crying. When we got to the car, we noticed that the baby was in the truck parked next to us. The windows were down, and there was a baby, in an infant carrier, and a 2 or 3 year old girl. They were in the back seat of the truck alone. Then the lady that was shopping came out and went to the window to calm them down. She was in our way, so we couldn't open the door to put one of the kids in. I think she thought we were waiting to see what she was going to do. So, she took both kids out of the truck and brought them back into the GNC with her. The 2 or 3 year old was capable of walking and the baby was big enough to carry on her hip. Yet, she LEFT them in the truck. It really bothered me. I've never left any of my kids in the vehicle to go into a store. Anyone could have taken one of her children. What if the 2 or 3 year old got out and was hit by a car? It's a lot of work to get 2 handicapped kids out of the car, yet we ALWAYS do it, and this lady couldn't take her kids out of the truck. Crazy!

Thank you for the kind and supportive posts and emails. I know that I'm not alone and there are many children with more disabilities then my children have. Like most mothers, I just want the best for my kids. They don't know they have disabilities and they are very happy. They compensate for all of their differences - it's amazing. I just wish I had a magic wand that gave them everything they could ever dream of.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a great mom! Shame on that woman....hang in there!