Wednesday, June 10, 2009
June 10th, 2009
Kinnick's night wasn't any better, but it also wasn't any worse. This is positive. Hopefully we've hit the peak and things can start getting better. She still isn't eating - just fluids via her G-Tube. This is one time that us G-Tube moms like having a G-Tube. This is keeping Kinnick out of the hospital. Without it, we would be in the hospital for sure. We're still doing breathing treatments every 2 hours. She's now on a steroid - this will last another 3 days (5 days total). We're still having a hard time controlling her temp. It's still around 99 with motrin and tylenol on board. She attempted to play a bit today, but quickly wore herself out. She stood up one time and her legs were so wobbly, I'm not sure how she held herself up. Yesterday, her sats were mostly low 90's. Today we were hitting mid 90's and even seen some 98's. If she can hold 98's, we'll start giving her more formula. Right now, we're giving 50/50 formula/pedialyte. I feel terrible because it only amounts to about 300 calories. She needs 900-1000. I shouldn't complain, it's better then nothing. I just feel so bad for her - she just wants to sleep and whimper. She's also coughing up foamy junk from her lungs.
I'll update as we know more. Please continue to pray for improvement.