Friday, October 23, 2009

October 23rd, 2009


It's been a busy week. Next week will be another busy week. Carver gets his second ear activated on Monday. On Tuesday, Carver will have another sleep study. K&C have therapy sessions Wednesday and Thursday.

Yesterday, K&C seen their Dentist - she's the nicest lady. Neither of them have cavities, so they were allowed to join the "No Sugar Bugs Club" and got their names on the wall. Kinnick is missing 2 teeth (the 2 next to her eye teeth - 1 on each side). The Doctor said that the permanent teeth are also missing. My Mom was missing these 2 teeth, so was my older sister, and my older sister's first son. Stinks, because eventually she'll have to get 2 fake teeth to fill in the gaps. Right now, she has the funniest smile - gaps between every tooth. The Doctor said that it might not be real noticeable because she has such a small mouth. However, I remember how self conscious my sister was, so I want to get them fixed as soon as it makes sense to fix them.

I bought some PattiBobs for Kinnick's shoes. They are shoe inserts with really good support - better then the support they get from baby shoes. She seems to be more "stable" in a standing position, now. In fact, today she was letting loose of the wall, cabinets, and etc. and just taking off walking. She would just head in the direction of my voice. I'm so proud of her.

I'm excited to see how Carver responds to his new ear and the ability to localize sound. It's going to be a whole new world for him. I'm also excited to see if it makes a difference for him when it comes to balance. His balance is just so off. He's been trying really hard to sit from a laying down position, but just can't seem to figure it out. His tone is holding him back. Anytime he tries to sit up, I try to rush over and show him how to get to a sitting position. He gets a really big smile on his face once he is sitting. I know he still has a long way to go, but he's trying.



2 comments:

Mommy Darnell said...

I just found your blog, I have a 23 weeker too. Born 11/27/07. He is visually impaired but doing good. Just thought I would introduce myself.

Melanie said...

I found your blog through another- I love reading about your darling kiddos. How exciting that he is getting activated. Can't wait to hear how it goes. :)