Thursday, September 27, 2007

September 27th, 2007

Carver is doing better tonight. I can tell he is still in pain. They increased his morphine dose by almost 50%. However, he does appear to be doing a little better. His oxygen was down to 21% (room air) the entire time I was there tonight. He's at a 1/2 lt (blender). I'm told that this isn't providing much assistance at all. So, maybe he'll move to 1/4 lt soon! Sometimes they just go directly to room air with no cannula. We'll see what happens. I'm sure no change will take place until he recovers from surgery. He's been struggling with weight gain. He's only gained a little over a pound in the last 6-8 wks. Of course, he's had 4 surgeries, so I'm not sure what's expected. The doctors seemed a little concerned.

Kinnick is doing about the same. She's on 1 1/2 lt (blender) at about 35 - 45% oxygen. She still works pretty hard to breath. She took about 35cc via her bottle this evening (full feed is 84cc). She did pretty good. They keep taking her bottle feeds away because of how hard she's working to breath. Please pray that her lungs will improve. She hasn't made any progress over the past couple of months with her breathing.

My job has been very good to me. They have been letting me work remotely. This keeps me on the payroll and allows me to keep my insurance. I've had to take so much time of this year. The company has done more then ever expected. My co-workers (including people that don't even know me) have sent cards, phone cards, and a large amount of cash to help me. They pray for my babies and have put my babies on many prayer lists all over the world. We feel very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of people.

Please continue to pray for our precious little babies. They still need lots of prayers.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers daily! We love you all very much! If you need us just call.

Love,
Kathy and Gary

Kelly Shortley said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love the website!

Kelly Shortley

Stacy said...

If you need anything at all, let us know. We looked for you tonight, but couldn't find you in the family room. We will try and find you tomorrow to check on you.
We are praying for your babies.
Stacy